Re: Olds Alero Brake Light Problem.

I feel dumb. Well this just shows how much I don't know about cars. I finally realized that the brake light has two intensities set off by two different filaments in the same bulb: one lower intensity for the parking lights and a brighter intensity for when braking. Every time I saw the bulb on, it was in its lower intensity. The higher intensity WAS burned out. At least it wasn't an electrical problem like I had originally thought.

Just thought I'd throw this out here to see if anyone could give me > advice or some direction. I drive a 2000 Oldsmobile Alero GL Coupe > and the passenger side brake light currently does not work while > braking. What is interesting is that when I turn the parking lights > on or when I activate/deactivate my car alarm, the light does work, so > the light is not dead. I had the car alarm installed after I bought > the car, if that makes any difference, but the problem did not occur > for another 6 months after that. Any suggestions on where to look and > what to be looking for to find the problem?
Reply to
John