Re: The Economist: Detroit Finished B.S.

What makes you think Japanese Corporations operating in the US don't have to pay income tax on their US earnings?

Regards,

Ed White

snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com wrote:

One thing the US government should do is level the playing > field for domestics against imports, like the have in Europe. > Japanese corporation should be made to pay US federal corporate > income tax like do the domestic manufactures. > > mike hunt > > "S.E.W" wrote: > > > > Honda Big car, the Honda Legend in the UK is the same as the Acura > > Legend-3.2L, and the Newer Acura RL-3.5L in the USA. > > Honda came up with a "New" division to market their "Upscale" cars in North > > America...Smarts buggers..! Make more money whichever way they can. > > > > > > Hondas"? Does Honda make any big cars in the U.K.? In the U.S. we get > > > > both JP and UK builds of the CR-V - I haven't compared personally but I > > > > haven't heard anything in the Honda NG to indicate a preference for the > > UK > > > > one. > > > > > > > > > > > > The big Honda here is the Legend, dunno what it's sold as in the US. "Big" > > > is a relative term you understand - here a 1600cc engine is pretty > > average, > > > which makes the Legend's 3L V6 pretty "big", over there you would probably > > > laugh if your lawnmower salesman offered you less than 2L (with a turbo).
Reply to
C. E. White