Re: Which reservoir feeds which brakes?

I just changed from single to dual brake system on a '66 Chevy 1/2 ton.

>Plumbed it such that M/C's front reservoir feeds front and rear feeds rear >brakes. Still has all-drum system. I used a m/c for a '67 c10 (which, btw, >is the same as a '73 Nova and '68 Chevelle) with all-drum system. > Anyone know for sure which is the correct way to plumb the reservoirs? >The 2 reservoirs are equal in size. No proportioning valve used on any of >the 3 applications for the particular m/c--just a "combination" valve which >in these applications merely activates the "check brakes" dash light. > Thanks for help, s >

My guess from what you describe, is that it probably dont matter. On cars with disk brakes, the disk gets the bigger compartment. You got all drums and both compartments are the same. I see no reason why it would matter at all.

Do the brakes work well?

Maybe someone else has more reasoning for which compartment is for which brake...... If not, and the brakes work, dont worry about it.

Reply to
letterman