Some Chevy questions

I've been wondering about the following, and I couldn't find the answers on the web so I thought I'd post these questions in here.

  1. Last year for two door Impala?

  1. Last year for two door Caprice?

  2. First and last years for Biscayne?

  1. First and last years for Bel-Air?

  2. First and Last years for Impala? (Excluding 1990's on)

  1. First and last years for Caprice?

  2. Your favorite year for Impala?

  1. Your favorite non-Corvette Chevy? (Including year please)

  2. Chevy and/or GM's biggest mistake ever?

  1. Suggestions for a website that would answer 1-6 so I don't have to disturb people here? :)

Many thanks to all, and I hope no one finds this post annoying. I thought it might generate some nice dialog.

Rick

Reply to
Rutger6559

Oh boy ! a winter project, looking up stuff for people.

  1. 1981
  2. 1987
  3. 1958 - 1972
  4. 1953-1975
  5. 1958 - 1985
  6. 1966- 1996
  7. 1968
  8. ?
  9. ?
  10. Buy some car books

In 1958 there was also a model called the Del-Ray which lasted only 1 year and was replaced in 1959 with the Biscayne , which was promoted " beauty on a budget".

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~276,660 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

My favorite year Impala was 1969 (Question #7). Favorite body style that year was the "Custom Coupe".

Reply to
James C. Reeves

LOL! Sorry if it was work for you. I posted the question thinking that people might remember one or two questions off the top of their head. I had no idea someone would be so helpful as to look up all of the stuff for me! Many thanks!!

Got any recommendations for some good ones? Especially Chevy as I seem to like those the best.

Now I had no idea about the Del-Ray! Thanks for that as well and the Biscayne slogan also.

Again, thanks very much for looking the info up. It is greatly appreciated!!

Rick

Reply to
Rutger6559

My grandparents had a 1968 Biscayne (4-lights in the rear bumper instead of

6-lights the Impala/Caprice had). I don't remember a Biscayne in 1969...anyone else?
Reply to
James C. Reeves

Since there was a mention of the Delray, what years were the 110, 150, and

210 models produced?

Reply to
honda

Yep! My father-in-law owned one. Check out this link James:

And here were the engine options:

Sting Ray

Might be kind of hard to recommend any car books that I have. Many of which are years old. JUst visit any of the big book stores & check out their Transportation section and you'll find all kinds of books on all different kind of cars.

Many of mine are from the Auto Editors of Consumer Guide.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~_~276,845 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

Honda,

I didn't see a 110 reference.

Looks like in 1953 the 150 was a Special and the 210 a Deluxe. The Bel Air was a 240.

150 , 210 & 240 classification hung around till 1957.

In 1958 the 150 became known as the Del - Ray and the 210 became known as the Biscayne.

There was a Datsun B 210 in the 1970's.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~_~276,845 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

Thank you for clarifying those different Chevrolet Car Models.

Reply to
honda

| > My grandparents had a 1968 Biscayne (4-lights in the rear bumper instead | of | > 6-lights the Impala/Caprice had). I don't remember a Biscayne in | 1969...anyone | > else? | >

| Yep! My father-in-law owned one. Check out this link James: | |

| | And here were the engine options: | |
| |

Great links...thanks! They had the 230 straight six in their Biscayne. No power anything, including steering/brakes. I can still remember my small grandmother wrestling that wheel now, especially when parking at the grocery store. She didn't know any difference and managed quite well. I drove it a couple of times and couldn't believe how hard it was to turn the steering wheel and how hard you had to stomp the brakes (my mother's 69 Impala had power everything that I was used to).

Reply to
James C. Reeves

OK, thanks. I'll look out for that on any books I see.

Thanks again for all that great info!

Rick

Reply to
Rutger6559

I had a 1952 Chevy Deluxe that had the impala emblem as part of its trim. It looked similar to the Impala symbol that is used on current Impalas. I think that 1965 or 1966 was the first year for the Caprice (owned a 1966 Caprice) Rich B

Reply to
Rich B

Rich,

After I posted my reply to the OP I discovered there was a Caprice option package on the 65 Impala. The option sold so well that GM decided to build another car and in 66 the Caprice debuted.

Don't recall ever seeing and impala like logo on early 50's cars, will have to look close the next time a car show comes up.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~_~276,905 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

I'm sure it had one somewhere (might have been on the interior somewhere). Unortunately, any photos that I had of the car have been lost. My brother had a 1952 Chevy coupe with the 3-piece wrap-around backlight (window, windshield). I really liked that car and it was coral pink with a white (or cream) colored top. That was a very popular color combination for that particular model.

Reply to
Rich B