Torque on Rocker Arms

On my 1986 3.8L Buick engine I was wondering do the rocker arms have to be torque to a certain torque or is there a special way of tightening them down so the lifters don't make noise

Reply to
Mike & Chris

I'm assuming that you are asking if there is any adjustment that needs to be made on these engines for valve lash. No. You just torque the rocker arms down. I'll leave it up to you to find out what the torque is, but if you have any kind of feel for this sort of thing, you can just do it by hand. Torquing rocker arms is not in the same category as torquing head bolts, crankshaft main bearing bolts, or rod bolts.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai