Transmission Slips

I have a 1988 Olds Cierra and had the transmission rebuilt about 5 years ago. It's beginning to do the same thing that it did before I had it rebuilt. Sometimes when I am turning the wheel the car slips out of gear. I have no problems when going straight. I don't drive the car much at all, less than 2k a year. And I have only put about 6k since the rebuild. Any ideals? Thanks, DIGI

Reply to
Digi

Sometimes the worst thing you can do to a car is NOT drive it enough. Even though you've only gone 6k on the rebuild has the transmission oil been changed in that 5 years?

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~274,416 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

Sounds like the trans linkage is faulty, a bad linkage can bump the trans out of gear. Best to fix it before damage sets in.

Reply to
451 CTDS