Weird airfilter (87 Astro Van)

Has anyone out there with a V6 Astro Van or similarly engined vehicle checked their air filter lately?

What I'd like to get confirmed is if mine is missing something.

There's supposed to be something that controls opening & closing the flap on the intake snorkle (where the flex hose comes up from the exhaust manifold). Mine doesn't have a vacuum hose or wired connector or anything going to it. On the inside it looks like there's some sort of heat sensitive module, but nothing other than that.

Thanks for any help from out there.

All the best, Richard

Reply to
Richard

Does it have a really small rocker arm looking piece of metal in it? My

87' Monte Carlo had a temperature sensing module that automatically opened the valve when it was cold. Could be the same thing....
Reply to
speedy4u23

Thanks! I'll take a look.

Reply to