Welded-On Spark Plug Boots

As far as I know, only the Caddy 4.x motors used an aluminum block with cast iron heads. I've always thought that was a bit backwards...but whatever. Your engine is all aluminum.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

LS1 and LS2(coming out 2005) are aluminum block and heads. The LS1 based

4.8/5.3/6.0L truck engines use cast iron blocks.
Reply to
Dennis Smith

Actually, there are also all aluminum 5.3 engines available in the TrailBlazers. And there are some 6.0 liter engines that have cast iron heads. I believe they are the heavy duty ones.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai