2001 Buick Le Sabre rear Window Cable Breakage

My wifes 2001 Buick le Sabre has never had the rear windows opened in

4 years.

Well a few weeks ago a passenger opened the rear window a few times during a trip. The next day the window fell down and the cable had detached itself from the nylon slide. A piece of the slide had broken of and the cable got mangled in the pulley and was really unfixable.

$300 later with a new assembly all was well. I tested it about 20 times and all was well.

Yesteday someone else opened the window and the same thing happened again.

I will try to get a replacement free from the GM dealer where I bought the replacement, but my question is this a regular thing or not. The window goes up and down freely and there is no binding, rocking or anything else apparently wrong.

Any one have any ideas or have had this problem. I noticed the replacement part was a little different from the original and the dealer needed the VIN # to locater the correct part #.

Reply to
meinny

Lousy design and lousy part manufacture. I had the same thing happen on a

1999 Pontiac.
Reply to
Bob D