Wheel rims

Has any one noticed on some of the new wheel rim designs like the 03 Astro Van , that they allow for water to sit in a pocket. When this freezes it puts the wheel out of balance. I couldn't drive mine down the highway over

90 km per hr.,yesterday because the vehicle shook too much. I see other manufacture's have similar rims that might support water to "pocket". Not a problem in the south but you would think that this would have thought of when they designed the rim?? This pocket with no drainage also supports brake dust and dirt to form thus causes further balancing problems. Anyone else notice this?
Reply to
Lanze

Yes Lanze. Before Christmas when my kids were in a concert at school, my in-laws came to the show & asked me if I would have a look at the car afterwards, because it was shaking like crazy on the highway. I checked the wheels in the back of the car & there was an ice block on each wheel, where rain had frozen in the cavities. This was on a 1-year old Toyota Matrix. I guess the design looked good on paper, but in the real world, it could theoretically cause a driver to lose control & cause an accident. Cheers Lanze!

Reply to
northman