Where is the stimlulus mony going?

Liars figure and figures lie. I don't care how you spin it, we spend more than the rest of the world on defense.

Reply to
edspyhill01

.

Another rightwingnut circle jerk of sound bite phrases.

Reply to
edspyhill01

Maybe the Dems will do enough stupid things between now and then to seal the deal.

Of course, since people's memories are three months (QUICK! What happened in the news three months ago!!?!?!?!), they'll be sure to pretend to be listening to people and stop all the nonsense for about 6 months before the election, so the Sheeple will go "Good job, Baaa-baaa" and reelect the whole stinking lot.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Right over your head, wasn't it?

Besides the $20 pocket cash, they billed my insurance co too. Do I have to have the doctor call you and tell you what he did with the $20?

Reply to
Hachiroku

I don't disagree.

But it is important to understand the percentage of income we spend on defense, versus the percentage of income that the others spend. We spend something like 3 or 4 percent of income on defense, the other three I mentioned spend something like 15% of income. That's roughly 5 times what we spend as a percent of income.

If I make $100k per year while you make $50k, and my wife spends $3k on make up and hair color, and your wife also spends the same, then your wife spends DOUBLE what my wife spends on a percent-of-income basis. Neither looks better than the other, but one spends far more.

Defense spending is measured the same way, on a percent of income basis. National Defense spending is never measured in raw dollars, it is always measured as a percent of income. We might spend more on a pure dollar basis, but so what?

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

True,but Medicaid is FREE to them just as Obama care will be "free." ;)

Reply to
Mike

Just keep your wannabe tough guys occupied up there schtupping moose. =====================================================

Sorry to break it to you, but "Canuck" is one of you. He was born in the USA, and just likes to move to different countries to bitch and moan about how bad they are.

Reply to
80 Knight

You are confused again. The 2.2 Billion in R&D money given to foreign companies, of the 4.4 Billion in the green bill, has nothing to do with "CARS." dummy.

The 2.2 BILLON is going to corporations in China, Russia, Japan, Korea, Vietnam, and Brazil. Do a search, WBMA.

Please, you don't to call people names.

What are you talking about? CARS stands for "Cars Allowance Rebate System," and is known as cash for clunkers.

Reply to
Mike

So you got a discount, and are still bitching.

Reply to
80 Knight

Still confused I see. It is NOT CARS money it is R&D for electric "save the planet."

You can ASSume what you want. From your comments, facts are not that important to you.

However, you have yet to show that $2.2B is being sent offshore, especially considering that four of the top 10 vehicles bought with the stimulus money are Fords.

Jeff

Reply to
Mike

According to the lasted poles, the Republicans would regain majorities in the House and Senate if the election was held today.

Reply to
Mike

POLLS, Mike. Polls, not poles.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Are you referring to the double digit inflation, interest rates and unemployment brought on by Carter? Do a search, that is easy to find

Reply to
Mike

And what are "lasted" poles?

Perhaps he needs an English course.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

"lasted poles"

Drunk again, Uncle Jemima?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The Hack saw this:

"None of it is going to mercenary contractors in Iraq. XE/Blackwater isn't getting a cent. None of it is going to defense contractors."

The Hack responded with this:

"Yeah. Carter and Clinton tried that, and the rest of the world passed us, and we almost became weak. There's something to cheer about!"

I know that you were drunk at 7:20 PM last night, so I understand why your comments (below) were completely unrelated to what the Hack said. We will now wait forever for the Hack to explain what he meant.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Note, the first paragraph is pared back a bit. Ed said no money is going to defense contractors. While he did mention 'mercenary contractors' in the first sentance, he ended with the blanket term 'defense contractors'.

There's maybe just a little bit of a difference there, eh?

Now, working from 'defense contractors', which are *not* mercenaries, I said Carter and Clinton did this too.

Of course, you weren't able to deduce what I meant, and got confused, as usual.

I guess if someone means 'mercenaries', they should say 'mercenaries'. Defense contractors are something different.

So, that said, yes, Carter and Clinton cut funds to 'defense contractors' and it left the military weak and ineffectual. Obama's doing the same thing. In the first case, Reagan came in and revived the military with fresh items and upgraded the leftover stuff. Bush had it worse. He had 8 years of Clinton to clean up after.

At least this time it's only going to be a 4-year hiatus from military spending.

I think Mike was attempting to point out what else went wrong when Carter held the office. There are a lot more examples. Would you like some?

And you have to remember, I was a Liberal back then. Carter helped cure me of that.

Reply to
disciple

Why don't you foment some revolution in Canada, land of queens. And don't try to say you ain't canadian while you cash your pay "cheque". Goddamned wimpy canadians living vicariously through America.

-------- You show your ignorance pretty good. First, we only have one queen. And my current gig is with a 100% Canadian effort, seems like the US company I did work for is now in debt trouble and had to lay off a whole lot of people. So I asked to be let go in about round 4, and found a new way in life. It was semi related to auto. Turns out many companies like GM don't honour their debts.

I know first hand most people don't get bailouts, just the whinners and greedy.

Reply to
Canuck57

They do the same things in Canada, more tests and you have to wait for them.

Below is a legal enforcement issue. Solution is simple, enforce the law, but in a way that does not allow stalling. Authorize the surgery, then sue the company for 1000 times the amount. One nice thing about suits in the US is that when they loose enough money they pay for the problems. Can't do that in Canada.

Trouble is welching on debt and promises is becoming too common place in NA society. People, business and insurers need to make good on their promises or be shot. Might come to that too, in the orient many cultures do business deals on handshakes. If you welch on the deal, then you might never be seen again.

Reply to
Canuck57

Actually, born 28 miles north of the border in Canada. But I have lived 10 years int he USA, and in Scotland and Norway. And that is just where I have lived, visited is a very long list. My Dad was born in the USA as were his parents. Lots of Canadians have families that straddle the border.

BTW, I love the USA. Best country in the world but not without it's issues. But with this bailout corruption and debt-spend mentality of BO, I fear it will not be as good as a country as it once was when the BO bills come due.

It saddens me to see America stoop from being the land of opportunity to the land where government coddles your from womb to tomb. America is really the last best hope for a real land of opportunity as most countries it is about herd management and government control.

Reply to
Canuck57