Who got the GM 3.8 litre gasoline pressure regulator recal notice?

Today i received a recall notice for my 2000 3.8 leSabre. Under low battery conditions a faulty and leaking fuel pressure regulator can cause a backfire into the plastic inlet manifold. Evidently GM will inspect the fuel pressure regulator and fuel rail and replace if neccesary.

My guess is the fuel regulator is made of the same plastic as the "already replaced" inlet manifold.

The noice also says that if the engine cranks slowly and you hear a big bang stop right there.

Reply to
meinny

We've been replacing tons of them... they are metal... It takes about

30 seconds for most of the guys to do it..

me> Today i received a recall notice for my 2000 3.8 leSabre. Under low

Reply to
John Reece

My aunt got a notice in July for her 99 LeSabre. Her car wasn't having problems, but she only has 10,000 miles on it.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~293,100 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

Can anyone suggest how I can find out if my 3.8 2000 Buick Regal LS should get this fix? I have searched the web, but so far, haven't found a clear answer. I haven't yet found my car listed, but I see references to Impalas and many other W-Body cars.

TIA albert

Reply to
albert

My expeerience (I replaced it three times before the recall) is that the first symptom is slow starting if the engine has been off a short time but no problem either cold start or immediate restart.  Before I figured it out the first time it got so bad that the engine would occasionally die at a stop light - but restart. If it hasn't been explained yet the problem is that the regulator leaks fuel into the vacuum and consequently intake manifold.  When the engine is turned off the fuel continues to leak into the manifold until the fuel pressure is released from the fuel line.   albert wrote: Can anyone suggest how I can find out if my 3.8

Reply to
Bill

"John Reece" wrote: > We?ve been replacing tons of them... they are metal... It takes > about 30 seconds for most of the guys to do it.. > > meinny wrote: > > Today i received a recall notice for my 2000 3.8 leSabre. Under > low > > battery conditions a faulty and leaking fuel pressure regulator > can > > cause a backfire into the plastic inlet manifold. Evidently GM > will > > inspect the fuel pressure regulator and fuel rail and replace if > > neccesary.

I have a 2000 Lesabre with 38K on it. How can I tell if the intake or fuel regulator been changed?

Reply to
LeBuick

Thanks Bill.

I was asking because I wanted to know if I was potentially affected by the problem.

I haven't experienced any of those problems, thank goodness. It doesn't sound like it was any fun at all to deal with. I hope that the recall fix took care of all that aggravation for you.

albert.

Reply to
albert

Reply to
Bill

Thanks Bill.

I am glad your problem turned out OK, and that GM reimbursed you (you must be a good bargainer).

You sound like a good troubleshooter. My shade tree days are pretty much behind me (by about 20 years now).

albert

Reply to
albert

Did you have to pull any teeth for the reimbursement? My father's car is involved in the recall and he already had to have the repair done last year (loud bang, engine died, no restart, turned out to be a damaged intake manifold). The dealer isn't being terribly co-operative about the refund although the notice clearly states that such a repair would be covered.

Reply to
SBlackfoot

You might want to start a new thread with your question -- a put his name in the subject line along with the question you have--

this thread's a bit old, and he may not be going back to look at it anymore, so he may miss your question

albert

Reply to
albert

Yeah I guess a week old is pretty old for Usenet. It was a spur of the moment thing, I forgot I had even asked. lol

Reply to
SBlackfoot

I purchased (including one aftermarket unit). Did you have to pull any teeth for the reimbursement? My father's car is involved in the recall and he already had to have the repair done last year (loud bang, engine died, no restart, turned out to be a damaged intake manifold). The dealer isn't being terribly co-operative about the refund although the notice clearly states that such a repair would be covered.

Reply to
Bill