Fuel Pressure Regulator

Only been reading this group for a couple of months but I can see that you are all pretty clued-up about things automotive, so I thought I'd ask a question.

Is it possible to remove the Fuel Pressure Regulator from a Plastic Inlet Manifold? The car is a Rover 214SEi (N reg).

In the (Haynes) manual, it says "The fuel pressure regulator is available only as part of the fuel rail and should not be separated from same." Now to me, the words "should not be..." indicate that separation is possible, if not desirable.

The reason I'm asking is that I'd like to fit a FSE Power Boost Valve.

According to the FSE site, they make a valve for my car,

but I cannot find any information as to whether it's possible to fit it to the Plastic Inlet Manifold.

Does anyone know, or has anyone fitted one of the valves to a Rover?

Thanks.

PS I've e-mailed FSE but their reply did not make things any clearer.

Reply to
Comfortably Numb

Not fitted an FSE personally but my advice is to pop along to the forums at

as lots of the guys on there have FSE's fitted andwill be able to answer your questions. You'll need to register before youcan post and read some parts of the forum but it's free and quite painless;-)

Reply to
Michael Cotton

Thanks for the reply and the link, I'll pop over there now.

Reply to
Comfortably Numb