Check engine light after GM 3.8 recall ( fuel rail / regulator ? ) - Code P0171

The day after I took my 1998 Olds Delta 88 in to a local metro Atlanta ( Buick/Pontiac/GM dealer for the fuel rail / regulator recall in my check engine light came on . I had it scanned and got the Code P0171 ( The fuel system of bank 1 was too lean "). Was this jut a co-incidence and not related to the repair . What is likely actually to be wrong and waht is the fix ? - thanks

Reply to
rkpatt758

I couldn't find any information on a recall for your vehicle, so I'm not sure exactly what they did or if what they did could have caused this problem. The diagnosis for this code is pretty extensive and requires a good scan tool.

Something that stood out in reading the diagnosis info, is the fuel pressure could be too low. If the dealership changed the regulator, maybe it's faulty, maybe they didn't connect the vacuum line to the regulator, maybe the vacuum line got damaged during the repair, etc, etc.

Take the car back to the dealer and let them deal with it.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie