Wiper problems on Buick Regal

Hi, I am having a problem with the  wipers on my 98 Regal GS. It started by ocasionally starting on its own. Now, the wipers will not shut off most  of the time. When they do,  it is not in the normal down position but they stay right at 12:00 O?clock. Straight up!!!Someone told  me it  is the  switch. So  my questions are where do I fing the switch, what does it look like and  how do I get it off and replaced with a new one.Thanks for any help.86C4EVER

Reply to
86C4EVER

Usually, rather than the switch on on the column or dash, it is the wiper control circuit board. These are notorious for failing. Some folks re-solder the connections on the board.

Auto parts suppliers have the motor assembly (which includes the circuit board) available.

See this discussion:

The topic has come up on this group also, if you use google or other archive search.

Reply to
Miller