01-CRV exhaust rattle 2300rpm

I originally posted a number of times on the forum with this issue. For those who have followed the thread, the cause and repair is now known. The problem was a gasket between the 'A' pipe and the catalytic converter which leaked as the car was moving and the engine hit 2300rpm. It only occurred at that rpm. Thanks to everyone who gave me ideas and direction. Rik

"The only way to have a friend is to be one". -Ralph Waldo Emerson-

Reply to
RickaTTic

Glad you got it figured out

------------------------------------ Mike Mangione

xblazinlv

That's unusual - a rattling exhaust gasket. (I presume it only sounded like rattling, and was actually an exhaust leak that opened up at 2300 rpm.) I bet that led you on a merry chase. Congratulations!

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

"Michael Pardee" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@sedona.net:

Integras used to have a problem with the A pipe internal welds cracking and the pipe vibrating at around 3300 RPM.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Is that repairable or is a new A pipe needed when that happens?

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

"Michael Pardee" wrote in news:ioednWSdE- snipped-for-privacy@sedona.net:

I've seen a suggestion for cutting 2 close slots in the outer pipe and dimpling in the middle(.125 width)to contact the inner tube and brazing the whole thing together and closed,and that solving the buzz,but I have not tried it. When I get ambitious,I intend to. New A pipe is expensive,if obtainable at all(94 3dr GSR).

Reply to
Jim Yanik