02/CRV, no heater fan = bad resistor(?)

All of a sudden our CRV's heater fan quits, but heat still finds its way to the vents. Windows eventually defrost, but this will be a big problem in Newfoundland later this winter. The local Honda dealer diagnosed the problem as a "resistor" needing to be replaced. The part is on order, but it'll cost me $200+install!!

My question is what kind of resistor plays a part in the fan failure, let alone a $200 resistor? What options do I have?

TIA & cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula :o)

Reply to
rarewolf

Your parts diagrams are at

and it's actually a TRANSISTOR, I think.

Here's a few threads about fixing it yourself.

?t=22777& If you're handy, call back and cancel the part from the dealer...

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_