Heater/AC Fan Resistor

The heater fan speed control only works in the high speed position (i.e.,

4). This appears to be a common problem with all Nissan models and is likely due to a open circuit in a resistor pack.

Where is the resistor pack located on a '99 Altima and how is it removed?

TIA, Ken.

Reply to
KM Tate

You have a bad blower motor resistor. Remove the glove box and you'll find it there. I replaced one in my 200SX last year, the part is around $20 from Nissan and takes about 20 minutes to change.

Reply to
Robert Sluder Jr.