1991 Accord Lives Forever!

- Fixed the oil leaks (no more cookie sheet under the engine when I park! Yay!)

- New brake master cylinder

- New tires

- Replaced the O2 sensor (no more pesky code 43!)

Ready for another 50,000 miles.

I love this car.

-Mark

Reply to
Mark

:-) I know what you mean, since I feel the same about my 91 Civic.

Did you install an OEM oxygen sensor?

"Mark" wrote

Reply to
Elle

I don't know. I had the work done by a local independent shop.

Reply to
Mark

Keep the group in mind if there are every any problems with it. I know an online shop for OEM Honda sensors that has great prices. Used them a couple years ago.

If it was >> :-) I know what you mean, since I feel the same about my

Reply to
Elle

Thanks. I think this is my third O2 sensor in 175k miles. Next time I get a code 43 I'm just going to replace the O2 sensor and save myself the spendy fuel pump diagnosis.

Now if only our weather would improve, I could get to work putting goop on the tailight gaskets.

-Mark

Reply to
Mark

The timing belt is good to go, too?

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Yep. The oil leaks were in the camshaft and the balance shaft oil seals, so naturally they replaced the timing belt and the water pump while they had it all apart.

Reply to
Mark

Sweet!

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Yep. It was spendy, but worth the investment I think. I'm confident the car is good for another 25k miles, at least. It's still cheaper than car payments.

Reply to
Mark

Next oil leak MIGHT be the oil pressure switch. It's above the oil filter. Be sure not to strip the threads on the oil drain too! bob

Reply to
N.E.Ohio Bob

Good call. Yes, the shop replaced the oil pressure switch too. It was leaking.

Regarding the oil drain, the shop I use offers a custom upgrade for the oil drain. They cut out the stamped threaded hole and weld in a machined bushing. The bushing is drilled and tapped for a new drain plug. It's spendy, so I haven't had it done yet. I probably should.

-Mark

Reply to
Mark