1992 honda civic lx ignition problems

Ok like every other joker that works on his car I've tried to trace down every single problem I thought possible, so here goes. I have no ignition spark, but I've already replaced the main relay and the entire distributor assembly, and just to make sure that the new assembly was right i tested everything that I tested on the old one, ignition coil checks good, ignitor unit checks good , timing belt is in tact and spinning, rotor seems to be spinning properly, but nothing no spark, I replaced the distributor assembly because I read about the TDC (Top Dead Center) sensor and the CKP (Crankshaft Position Sensor were all apart of the distributor assembly, and not testable, so here i am stuck any suggestions?

Reply to
hondabrokenalldetime

At a risk of stating the obvious: do you have 12V on the common of the coil?

I think it gets its pulse from the ECU. Do you have a scope so you can check that signal? Perhaps trace that connection and see if it is broken.

Remco

Reply to
Remco

yeah i do

Reply to
hondabrokenalldetime

You do have ignition wires in good repair, right? If you're not sure, how many miles and years do they have on them? Are they OEM?

Same question for the distributor cap, so as to be precise.

"hondabrokenalldetime" wrote

to trace

goes. I have no

and the entire

assembly was

ignition coil

tact and

no spark, I

TDC (Top

Sensor were all

here i am stuck

Reply to
Elle

Usually there are two places to check for sparks. One at the end of the plug wire, the other at the secondary port at the coil. The "check engine light" goes on then off?

Reply to
Burt S.

A few basic questions:

How did you determine that you had no spark? Did you actually remove the distributor cap and rotor and check with an Ohm meter? Are your plugs gapped correctly?

Reply to
CCTGENE

Put the scope on the input of the ignitor (5v/div, 1mS). You should see a pulse train. If you don't, the ECM has a problem or the wire that carries this pulse train is broken.

Remco

Reply to
Remco

Thank you guys for all the help i've checked everything, but using the o-scope on the input of the ignitor, I'm gonna see if I can barrow one from a friend.

Reply to
hondabrokenalldetime

You'll get it working again. Of course, that pulse train will only show as you are cranking -- just making sure that was clear.

Reply to
Remco