2000 Accord Oxygen Sensor CEL code 1167

Just thought I'd share what I found out about o2 sensors.

My 2000 Accord EX ULEV (the ULEV is important to note) had the Check Engine Light come on. Honda diagnosed it with codes P1166 and P1167 which could be due to a faulty O2 sensor or a faulty bung (where the O2 sensor connects on my DC Sports Header). So I had them order a new primary oxygen sensor for my car ($143). After installing it nothing changed.

It was only until I had the Honda service tech enter in my VIN that we discovered the ULEV and SULEV models have different oxygen sensors with different model numbers. In fact the o2 sensor is made by Denso for Acura. I was given part number 36531-PAA-L22 as the correct part for an ULEV engine. Honda wanted $175 for the part.

In comes the wallet saver Oxygensensors.com aka automedicsupply.com. They had the correct oxygen sensor for my car Denso #234-9025, confirmed the OEM part number on their site which replaces Acura

36531-PAA-L21, 36531-PAA-L22, 36531-PAA-L41 They sold it for $97. I also got their Sensor Wrench to install the O2 sensor. That worked like a charm since the DC Sports header relocated the oxygen sensor underneath the car and on top of the down pipe.

If you have a CEL with error code 1167 make sure you have the Honda dealer enter your VIN number to check for part numbers otherwise you may not get the right part.

Reply to
Firemah

I thought there was a FREE software update for those particular codes, (makes the computer 'care less') or does that only apply to the INSIGHT? I read some TSB's about that.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'