2000 Accord Power steering fluid

My dealer recommended a "fluid exchange" for my Accord. The car has 80,00

0 miles. I found nothing in the manual about powersteering fluid other th an to make sure "it's up to the line" in the reservoir. Do I need to chan ge it or is the dealer trying to sell me something.

Thanks mm

Reply to
Michael

Michael wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

The dealer IS trying to "sell" you something. But given that the vehicle is

13-years-old and the fluid has presumably never been changed, it's a legitimate "sell". I'd go for it.
Reply to
Tegger

the book says nothing because changing it is not necessary. in fact, draining it can cause more problems than leaving it alone. since power steering systems on hondas regularly go 300-400k mils untouched, and they typically only exhibit problems after being "maintained", i'd leave it alone. especially if you don't live in alaska or death valley.

Reply to
jim beam

I would think it would be good advice at 80,000 I am surprised they did not say anything about brake fluid

Reply to
Pawalleye

0,000 miles. I found nothing in the manual about powersteering fluid othe r than to make sure "it's up to the line" in the reservoir. Do I need to change it or is the dealer trying to sell me something.

they did say brakefluid as well. I posted the ps fluid because it's not s uggested in the book. Each is $99.

Reply to
Michael

The primary intent of this exchange is to empty your wallet into the dealer's...

Reply to
News

Michael wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

The brake fluid should be changed every 3 years. It's a good $99 to spend. Do it.

Reply to
Tegger