5W-30 vs. 10W-30

I use a 5-30 in winter, and a 10-40 in summer for my 88 civic, also in mid-ga. burns a bit of oil, and a little water in the summer (refill the expansion bottle once a week basically) but its been 3 years and no problems on that score.

Reply to
flobert

I did it with an 89 volvo340. Had 130k miles on it, did an oil change, and changed from regular dino-juice to synthetic. not leaked a drop. Similar experiances with my fathers 89 golf.

Reply to
flobert