'90 civic vtec reboring

Could anyone tell me does my Honda have steel liners or nikasil treated aluminium block. If nikasil is in question, what are my options for reboring the block? Regards, Amfibije

Reply to
dr Amfibije Radovic

"dr Amfibije Radovic" wrote in news:h1gdim$hs3$ snipped-for-privacy@localhost.localdomain:

The sleeves are plain old cast-iron (NOT "steel").

Reply to
Tegger

no such thing as "plain old cast iron". there are hundreds to different grades, and sub-grades, heat treatments, morphologies, etc., etc. and there are literally hundreds of years of technology in that stuff. that it works so well as to be taken for granted with "plain old" is testament to that technology.

Reply to
jim beam

jim beam wrote in news:aJOdnW1FA9fEtqHXnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net:

You know what I mean. Most of those grades would not be used in automotive road-going engines made by mainstream engine manufacturers.

The upshot is that the liners are cast iron and not Nikasil, whatever the details might be. In that light, I think my reply was correct.

Reply to
Tegger

Thus spake Tegger :

I knew what you meant. My Vega had sleeves. Excuse me, my Cosworth Vega. And the son of a bitch drunk who totallyed it should have lived instead of opening the windshiled with his head.

Ed Pink had a Hemi block with sleeves. 392 with a bore for 426 pistons that went ot 417, but weighed gute a bit less than either.

Reply to
Dillon Pyron