92 Honda Accord (australian model)

H i there Folks from Down Under

I have a 92 Honda Accord with two problems I can?t fix. Firstly the dashlights do not work - and there is no fuse for this. Is this a common problem and can some one suggest how I fix it?

My second problem is that the shifter for the auto transmission is really hard to pull into drive or any gear from start - fluid seems to be full. If i drive for a while it shifts much easier but from starting it almost feels like i?ll break the shifter! any suggestions or help greatly appreciated - only want to go to dealer if needed.

many thanks

Reply to
hmagoo

---------------------

For number two, remove the cover plate at the engine end of the tranny cable and lubricate the friction points. The adjustment of the cable length (should you need it) is discussed at length in the (several) TSB's at

Disconnect the bottom end of the cable if you're not sure if the friction is actually in the cable itself.

Parts diagrams MAY be available at

or Majestic.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

Curly, many thanks about the details on the tranny - I?ll tell my mechanic at next service.

Im still hoping to solve the dashlights problem though - still no idea on that one. Also the no lights on the shift gear position either, must be related.

thanks

"hmagoo" wrote: >

[b:7c9bc76ab3][color=blue:7c9bc76ab3][size=18:7c9bc76ab3]H i > there Folks from Down Under > > I have a 92 Honda Accord with two problems I can't fix. > Firstly the dashlights do not work - and there is no fuse for > this. Is this a common problem and can some one suggest how I > fix it? > > My second problem is that the shifter for the auto > transmission is really hard to pull into drive or any gear > from start - fluid seems to be full. > If i drive for a while it shifts much easier but from starting > it almost feels like i'll break the shifter! > any suggestions or help greatly appreciated - only want to go > to dealer if needed. > > many thanks > Hugh Magoo[/size:7c9bc76ab3][/color:7c9bc76ab3][/b:7c9bc76ab3]
Reply to
hmagoo

You've changed the stereo and the 'backlight' wire has shorted to ground. Yes, the fuses are the same, I think. Look in your manual or on the inside if the fuse box cover.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_