95 Accord Starting Problem

On occasion, my 95 Accord LX (157,000 miles) won't start. It's not the battery as it cranks but never actually starts. If I wait about 30 minutes it will start. It seems like this happens only when I haven't driven the car for a couple of days. Any ideas?

Nancy

Reply to
Nancy

sounds like injector leakage. try running injector cleaner through it for a couple of tanks.

Reply to
jim beam

jim beam wrote in news:p9GdnfjGWrBB2aranZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net:

In the meantime, next time this occurs, prss the gas pedal to the floor and hold it there while cranking. This will shut off the injectors and allow a flooded condition to clear up.

Reply to
Tegger

---------------------------

Like tegger said. It's in your Owner's manual under _starting a flooded engine_.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

motsco_ wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

these days,a lot of people don't know what a "flooded engine" IS! modern EFI engines are SO reliable.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

I have this same problem with my 93 Accord. I always attributed it to rain water that leaks in through the trunk (and possibly into the fuel pump circuit maybe?), though I haven't done much about it as it hasn't been a big problem.

Anyway, so if an injector is leaking, the pressure in the fuel lines can cause it to flood the cylinder while the car is sitting? and injector cleaner could stop an injector from leaking? I'm not much of a mechanic, but it sounds like it could be worth a try. An inexpensive experiment at least.

- Marco

snipped-for-privacy@rco.rosano wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

No kidding.

Reply to
Tegger

snipped-for-privacy@rco.rosano wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

the fuel supply rail holds a high pressure. so a leaky injector can flood the engine.it drips raw gas into the intake manifold.

It can clean off sticky deposits that cause the injector needle to stick and not close fully,allowing fuel leakage.

Reply to
Jim Yanik