Problem Starting 1991 Daihatsu

Could anyone please advise me what my problem may be?

We have a 1991 Daihatsu, (Rocky Model) 1.6 liter

4 cylinder engine.

The problem is this:

Multiple times per month we will have a problem after the Rocky has been driven, we will try to start it but it won't start. You may have to wait 5 to 15 minutes and it will start but take a little while to run normally.

There is never a problem when it sits over night or for an extended period of time.

The plug wires, plugs, distributor, rotor, and Oxygen Sensor has been replaced.

We have also taken it to a local garage and they have put it on the computer and checked it out and can't find a problem. While they were checking it, it never acted up.

I'm thinking about replacing the electrice fuel pump this weekend. It is very expensive so if anyone has a solution please contact me as quickly as possible!

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

PEB snipped-for-privacy@highstream.net

740-332-1104
Reply to
The Bowmans

Guessing, Injector(s) leaking? A leakage after shutdown continues until fuel pressure drops to zero. A diagnose would be to clear out the drips or smell the plugs. I would start clearing it out. Simply remove fuel pump fuse or ECU or what ever you have and crank for about 10 sec. Restart should start. If not, you go other problems.

Pretty sure it's not the pump. But you should hear the fuel pump a sec after you turn ignition "ON." Rick

Reply to
Ricky Spartacus