'98 CRV Random Stalling

I'll be driving along and suddenly without any warning my 1998 CRV (86K miles) will just die. No sputtering, the engine just cuts out.

When I try to restart it, sometimes it will start right up and I can drive away, other times the engine starts up but then after a second or two, it stops again. Today it took me a dozen tries to get it restated. I finally got it going by turning the key and keeping the engine revved for about 10 seconds.

So far the problem has been occurring only once per time I take the car out for errands.

Anyone know what might be wrong. To me is seems like it might be some sort of computer or electrical issue.

Reply to
Pat T

seunkie1