Air Conditioning Failure '02 Civic

Hey Group,

My 2002 Honda, which has generally treated me very well, lost air conditioning at the end of last season. We figured we should wait until the start of this season to get it fixed. Turns out, the Condenser Rad was losing most if it's fins.... they were all falling out, and one (and likely more) pin holes caused the loss of refrigerant.

The mechanic says it's very common with th '02 Hondas.... Anyone else seen this? I tried searching for a possible recall without success.

Thanks all, keep up the great posts on the group!

Reply to
COH

the end of last season. We figured we should wait

i have an 02 honda civic and im having an air con prob myself...wud u mind telling some of the symptons you remember experiencing when the problem was young??? my situatiion: all problems occur only when a/c is on; a jerky sensation in pedal along with a vibrating sound from engine area, a/c output rises and falls and switches from cold to not so cold...theres a strange smell. ive check if it needs a recharge.it doesnt. ive checked all fluids and bought a "kill the mildew" spray for the air ducts(interior and exterior) prob remains but only hapens when a/c is on AND its over 90 degrees out. any help or info on your situation wud b apreciated.thanks

Reply to
02civic

Check your compressor belt and esspecially the idler pulley bearing.

SD

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS