anti-theft devices for steering column

Does anyone know of a source for locking metal steering column shields like were available several years ago for easy-to-break-into GM autos? It keeps theieves from cracking open the steering column.

I had a theft attempt last Thursday 3:15AM,my auto alarm alerted me(it paid off!) and I was able to run them off,once I drew my handgun.They were pretty bold;they did not attempt to flee when the alarm alerted me,nor when I first appeared. They had backed their 96-00 Honda Civic coupe in next to mine,and later that day,I discovered they had already hit a similar Honda Civic,dedstroyed it's steering coulmn in the theft attempt,then stole it's stereo and moved on to my Integra.They didn't get a change to get into my car,thankfully.And today,a neighbor had his motorcycle stolen during the daytime.

Police tell me there's a theft ring operating in my area.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Where did this happen ?

I have had a similar th> Does anyone know of a source for locking metal steering column shields like

Reply to
Bajjisw

"Bajjisw" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Orlando,Fl. area.

I didn't find anything in the local auto stores. I'm going to try the auto sound/security places next.

It turns out the bike was stolen during the wee hours of the morning,not daytime.

Reply to
Jim Yanik