Any problems with a 99 Civic?

I'm thinking of trading for a 99 Civic 5 speed with 117K on it and thing I should look out for. It does have a new timing belt a water pump on it. Thanks.

Reply to
Rob

run a carfax report on it. I once knew someone that purchased a car that was involved in a serious accident that bent the frame. The car appeared to be in perfect condition when he purchased it but it was impossible to align the tires due to the bent frame. After buying about 8 different front tires for it--he decided to sell it. Needless to say, he did not tell the new owner about the bent frame. A carfax report should tell you whether or not the car was ever involved in a serious accident. The 99 Civic is an excellent car.

Reply to
Jason

In addition to the carfax report, you may also want to consider getting a prepurchase inspection done on the car. This usually costs about an hour of labor but it could wind up saving you considerably more if there are major problems with the car.

Eric

Reply to
Eric

I own a 99 Civic Si and have 208K on it. Recently running into issues with EVAP system and Code P1457 as well as a leaking rear main seal.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Quint