Brake problems 1994 Civic

I put in brand new front pads and rotors last month due to a crazy amount of shimmy in the brakes. Fixed the problem wonderfully. Problem is, 4-5 weeks later, I am starting to occasionally get a tiny bit of that shimmy back. What could be the problem?? I made sure to completely clean off the brake slides, checked for burrs, and recoated with the Sil-Glyde that they gave me. Are the pistons going bad?? Thanks for the help.

Reply to
Blah....

re-torque the wheels in at least 2 stages - 1324, 1324, then report back if the problem persists.

Reply to
jim beam

Blah....@bal wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Are these aftermarket pads and rotors?

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Well, yes. I am pretty sure that Honda does not have lifetime brakes available, so I bought the most expensive Autozone brand. I never had this problem until the last 10-15,000 miles or so, and I'm running a

194,000 mile 1994 Civic.

Nate

Reply to
Blah....

Blah....@bal wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Aftermarket "lifetime" pads are often too hard and overheat the rotors. Are they blue, or show signs of heat-glazing?

Reply to
TeGGeR®