Broken Sun Visor 2006 Civic

Has anyone else experienced a broken sun visor on their '06 Civic? The top and bottom plastic panels split next to the swinging pivot arm.
Apparently there is a retaining clip that is intended to rotate with the sun visor when you drop it down. It appears that this clip may have stuck or seized up. In doing so, it applied a force between the two panels and separated the snap together joint. The two plastic panels won't stay together.
I plan to swing by the dealership this weekend for a replacement.
Regards,
Rick in NH

Same thing's happened in my 06 Civic. I've had to hold it tight with my entire hand to get the visor to move up or down. The insides were poking out at one time, but I managed to get it back together again.
Let us know if they repair, replace, or tell you to live with it :)
--Nan
nblomgren wrote:

<< Stuff Deleted >>

Just a follow-up:
Just had the visor replaced under warranty. They didn't have it in stock and it was back-ordered for about a week. Took 10 minutes to replace.
Never realized how often I used the sun visor until it didn't work so well.
That is all for now...
Rick in NH

Cool... I have the same exact problem.. So it is covered under warranty right? Do I have to go to the dealership where I bought my car to have this fixed? I live 800 miles away so that wouldn't be possible. Let me know.
Thank you.
On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 22:13:47 -0000 snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

You can go to any dealership, not just the one you bought your car at, to have warranty service performed.
--
Joe

"What Color do smurfs turn when you choke them?"
Joe LaVigne wrote:

Joe,
Yes, it was covered under warranty.
This just happened to me on my 2007 Civic. I've had it 4 months and the driver's visor split in half. Guess I'll be calling Honda tonight.
A very frequent occurence!