Does the 1997 Civic EX Radio Control the security system?

Greetings,

As you may, or may not, know, I just had my late wife's 1997 Civic EX titled back to me. The radio is kind of messing up, and I was wondering if the 1997 Civic fell in the series that killed the factory alarm upon removal of the factory radio? Then again, if I remember correctly, the EX had a separate control module for the alarm, but it has been too long....

Reply to
DJ NoMore

I think you're right. The alarm module piggy-backed on the radio and the connections to your interior light are routed through the stereo. Your stereo is shown in diagrams at

It's easy to bypass once you know where to install the jumper. You just won't have a (honda) alarm any more.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

Thanks. Come to think of it, I wouldn't be losing much by losing the factory alarm anyhow because I have to push the unlock button about 6 or

7 times while standing right next to the car before it will unlock with the spare remote. The original remote for the alarm system no longer functions. I already tried new batteries, and the spare remote just doesn't cut it for the car. I attempted to program it to the vehicle too, and that didn't work. I am going to go out on a limb and assume that because the factory radio is messing up, the alarm is probably FUBAR with the radio.
Reply to
DJ NoMore