EW1 12 valve SOHC ??

I'm new to these engines and don't understand the full function of the 4th valve in this head.

Initially I thought it was an Aux. intake valve but notice that it is next to the exhaust valve.

My Chilton manual doesn't provide any help..

May seem like a dumb question but it's got me stumped. Once I have an understanding of this question, I'm sure I'm going to have a few more before I get this nice little car ('85 CRX) running properly.

Thanks,

Steve

Reply to
Steve