first $40 civic fillup

I was flirting with danger this week and procrastinated until the yellow empty light. Then the 10.5 gallons shocked me even more at $40 dollars. Not too many years ago $40 would last a whole month.

It could be worse - some people are seeing triple digit prices on their fillups.

Reply to
rick++

I always fill up on Sundays when I get back for the weekend. Decrease sticker shock. But I always get a four-digit price, like $38.23. I always pay by credit card, so I don't add a few thousands of a gallon to get to the next dollar (what do I care? The credit card company adds it up for me).

I guess the only people who get triple digit fill-ups are people with lawnmowers and motorcycles and other small engines.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I've been hitting about $39.50 the last few fillups. Only a matter of weeks before I exceed the $40 barrier. =(

Then again, most other car owners would be jealous of a $40 fillup. =)

Reply to
bucky3

Consider yourself lucky, where I am it costs me $40 for a half a tank for my Accord. Datrmouth , Nova Scotia . $1.34 a litre. = $5.06 U,S. gallon.

Reply to
Jim

I just did a $26 fillup.

56mpg on that tankful in my Prius.
Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

You know I meant triple digit dollars. And some SUVs and personal trucks now top $100 per fillup. Dont even talk about RVs, boats and commercial trucks.

Reply to
rick++

I just spent $ 40+ (US) to fill my Civic and thats just not right ...

Reply to
2000 Civic hatch

Anyone here use a cash back credit card to help offset gas costs? The

5% cash back gas card from Pentagon Federal Credit Union looks like the best (non-promotional) deal. Chase BP Visa offers 5%, but only at BP locations. I currently use Chase Freedom with 3% cash back.
Reply to
ident

In the Chicago area, it can cost over $20 to fill a Suzuki GS850 motorcycle.

Reply to
Robert Barr

I filled up my 04 Accord for $56, then added another $48 filling up the gas cans for the lawn equipment. Just about $104 fill up. The fill up for the Accord lasts me about 3 weeks, just about the same for the lawn equipment.

Reply to
L Alpert
51 bucks to fill my 99 civic se --ontario canada

I feel your pa>>I was flirting with danger this week and procrastinated until

Reply to
butch33 via CarKB.com

Takes $65.00 to fill my wife's 03 Pilot -- when the fuel warning light comes on. From what I can see, the new Pilots don't do that much better on mpg either.

Reply to
tww1491