Gas smell after very short run?

dude, i have the first class comms licence books on my desk right now. passing that stuff at 14 is not exactly a landmark of academic achievement.

i'll stop there.

Reply to
jim beam

At 17. You talk a big game but never take the field. Since 2/3 of applicants failed the test the first time around it isn't as trivial as you make it out to be. Actually, element 3 (not element 4) was the one that got most people. Several questions in the real test had more than one right answer: In a transmitting tetrode, when the plate is tuned to resonance the (A) plate current rises (B) screen current rises (C) cathode current drops (D) grid current drops. I remember it because it was the most esoteric question on the test, and my favorite. The answer was (C); although B was also correct it is not used as an indication of resonance because it can be the result of other operating conditions. (A is simply wrong, D is an indication of improper neutralization.) But I'm sure you would have breezed through, what with your superior abilities and all.

BTW - if the book still refers to first and second class licenses you should retire it, even if it is the classic study guide "Electronic Communication" by my friend in the San Leandro Amateur Radio Club, Robert Shrader. The "class" licenses were replaced by General Radiotelephone licenses around

1985, when only the international classes of stations were retained as requiring them. The bottom line is: before I was old enough to buy tobacco, but smart enough not to, I was licensed to be employed as chief engineer at any radio or television broadcast station or any other transmitting site in the US.

So, again, what are your qualifications? What are you hiding?

Reply to
Michael Pardee

/WOW/!!!! oh, wait, i'm not impressed.

you're a service tech. whoopee.

wouldn't you like to know!

Reply to
jim beam

No - you are still thinking like a teenage girl. This is not about your petty personal hangups, it is about automobiles.

If you read almost any other contributor's posts you will get the idea. Your perspective is grossly abnormal - most guys stop thinking like that in their mid teens - and your obsession with personal issues is just plain creepy. Like I said, write like a man or go away.

Reply to
Michael Pardee

That says it all. You have no qualifications whatsoever. We suspected as much but at least we heard it from you. That explains why you refused (were unable?) to stay on topic and squirmed whenever the topic became in the least technical. It also explains why the big bluff of having "physics" but never delivering.

Reply to
Michael Pardee

wow, look at the idiot trying to start a fight he won't win! do you want to lose a penis measuring contest as well?

Reply to
jim beam

That is the most bizarre and meaningless thing you have written here yet, and that is really saying something. I don't know exactly what your problem is - the source of your intellectual and social dysfunctions - but I hope it is something you can straighten out. If it is a substance problem you can kick it; the real world is nowhere near as ugly as the one you are showing us. If you are suffering from bipolar disorder a doctor may be able to help. All I am sure of is that you are currently one seriously messed up individual.

Reply to
Michael Pardee

ROLLING ON THE FLOOR!!

----------------------

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

WOW!!! That was the most entertaining example of Net Kookery I've witnessed in some time. With Vulcan logic like that, who needs an opponent?!

Understatement. Of. The. Year.

The score is 108-0 .... at the end of the first quarter. Maybe it's time to dust off the "Mercy Rule" Michael. :) The continuing slaughter, while entertaining, is so one sided as to be cruel.

Roids, maybe? He reminds me of a certain punk-assed 17 year old football jock I had the misfortune of sharing a class with. A legend in his own mind, suffering chronic testosterone poisoning, who had taken one too many shots to the head.

Still LAMO! :) Thanks Jim!

Reply to
Greg Campbell

Roids are something I don't know anything about. I have known alcoholics in my family when I was a kid, and have recent experience with a cocaine addict of 30 years' standing, and a meth freak who has let up in recent years (both in my in-laws extended family). The effect of cocaine is the one that I find easiest to recognize when it gets bad - nothing else I've seen produces the lurid and grandiose language with self-adulation. I think that is why I've emt recovering alcoholids and recovering speed freaks but no recovering coke heads - they think they are walking down a red carpet with flashbulbs going off around them while in reality the people around them are wondering when they last brushed their teeth - if ever. Alcoholics tend to know they are screwed up but try not to acknowledge it.

I still don't know for sure "jim's" problem isn't medical - either mental retardation from childhood or bipolar disorder from the typical adolescent / early adulthood time frame. If it is bipolar, it isn't as bad as most I've had occasional contact with. Either way, I don't condemn people who were dealt a bad hand in terms of their health, but nobody needs to be such a jerk. The oddest thing was his use of "drama queen" - I have only heard the term used by shrewish women, flamboyant gay men ( the "Bitch!" crowd) and coke addicts. Men who can face the world just never think such a thing... it's too weird. If he is one of the first two groups (we don't know the true sex or sexual orientation of anybody online) it explains but does not forgive the insult, but in light of his inability to understand simple definitions or simple technical writing I suspect something is taking over his life.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

So, in a nutshell, you're saying that "jim" is a gay cokehead, probably bipolar, possibly retarded, and stupid?

I'd have to agree.

Reply to
Dan C

Thus spake snipped-for-privacy@flash.net :

To settle this, yeah, it's just a matter of it running too fat for just a moment. My guy at Howdy said that it usually happens when the temperatures drop rapidly, like it did that day. From the upper 70s at 2 pm to the mid 40s by 8pm.

"Strong smell" was too much of an overstatement.

Oh yeah, I have not seen any liquid on the driveway or in the garage that could be attributable to anything except A/C discharge. So, I guess my garage might flood, but it won't burn down.

Reply to
Dillon Pyron