Hidden fuel tank in Mercedes. How?

I want to have fun and make money off of family and friends. I want to buy a big old fat 4000 lb Mercedes Benz, and modify it to get what appears to be incredible fuel economy. To do this would mean hiding extra fuel onboard. I want to con these people into making a big wager with me.

I thinking;

a) front (and or rear) frame rails sealed up, and turned into fuel tanks b) tanks hidden inside frame rails or other box sections etc. b) spare tire and wheel modified to be a fuel tank c) fabricated tank fitted inside rear seat d) fabricated tank fitted on top of original fuel tank e) fabricated tanks fitted inside front fenders f) "That old water heater in the trunk? I've been meaning to get it to the steel recycler for months!"

Any ideas on how to plumb these (in a hidden manner of course)? Any ideas on other alternative hidden areas to carry fuel?

Reply to
M.A. Stewart

snipped-for-privacy@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (M.A. Stewart) wrote in news:gstnpl$bpr$ snipped-for-privacy@theodyn.ncf.ca:

Talk to the old Candid Camera folks. They did a really funny sketch in the '60s involving a Volkswagen Beetle and a seemingly bottomless gas tank. I kinda felt sorry for the gas jockey; he was convinced it was leaking onto the ground somewhere.

Reply to
Tegger

snipped-for-privacy@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (M.A. Stewart) wrote in news:gstnpl$bpr$ snipped-for-privacy@theodyn.ncf.ca:

get into an accident and that extra tank or it's lines could break open and cause a huge fire and incinerate you and your passengers. you'd also need a 2nd fuel pump.Most factory tanks have an electric pump inside the tank. (with safety relays to cut off fuel feed under certain conditions.)

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Surely this is a troll?

someone contacts a honda NG to discuss a "joke" about making a Merc. an inconspicuous fire bomb

For Goodness sake

Reply to
Ttoommy

"Ttoommy" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

yes,you're right.I shoulda caught that. Apologies to the NG.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Did you read the string "Inviting every hybrid owners in Seattle to prove us wrong." crossposted to alt.auto.toyota, alt.autos.toyota.prius, alt.autos.honda?

Could that be classed as "Friction To Energy Technology"?

No need to apologize.

You didn't read the string "Inviting every hybrid owners in Seattle to prove us wrong." crossposted to alt.auto.toyota, alt.autos.toyota.prius, alt.autos.honda.

Reply to
M.A. Stewart