Honda vs Toyota ??

You bought a car with 115K miles on it and it was good for a couple of years....and this is a bad thing??? The other difference I see is that a

300ZX being the type of car it is, is more likely to have been abused or at least have hard driven miles on it after 115k+ miles.

Brett Rohlfing

Reply to
Brett W. Rohlfing

And "soured" on a car company that virtually everyone in charge at the time has retired from....1984!

Reply to
Steve Bigelow

I prefer buying cars with a minimum of 80K, preferably at least 100K miles on them. At 50K it is hard to tell how a car has been cared for; at 100K it is hard to hide. Sadly, I let my lust for the car cloud my judgement and I violated two of my absolute rules - never buy a car with traces of rust in the radiator or with signs of varnish under the oil filler cap. This Nissan had both and I paid for both with headaches, but the electrical trouble was an unpleasant surprise. A car with 100K that is still in good shape should give at least another 100K miles of service. I bought my old '70 Volvo with

190K on it, rebuilt the engine (had broken rings from detonation) and drove it to nearly 300K.

The new Toyota is the baby of the family and my wife's first new car in 20 years (it's been 35 years for me). My son's Acura has 130K, and our other two are over 200K. We aren't looking at replacing any of them anytime soon.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

I confess I would consider buying another Nissan if the price was right and it was in good condition. Electrical intermittents are a quality control concern - wiring and connectors should rarely fail - but as you say, that was long ago.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

um yes and yes toyotas arent built as well as hondas. they look nice but durabilty wise they won't outlast a honda.

Reply to
hondaman

I doubt there's a real difference there.

Lexus, OTOH, is made of better stuff than either the Honda or Toyota brand names.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

really? you'd better let a friend of mine know. he's got 380,000 on his 88 camry. original owner from new. original engine & transmission. only thing that's gone wrong with it is the main seal which he had replaced a couple of years ago. my civic's losing oil in the same place and it's only got 128,000 on it.

Reply to
jim beam