Hyundia is now number 1?

Did you guys see on the news the other day how Hyundia now build the most reliable cars in the world. Unreal!!!! Said the Hyundia Sonata has the fewest number of problems per 100 cars by a pretty good margin. Unreal.

Reply to
Rob

Remeber, the Hyundai owners do not expect too much from their cars. They consider a lot of defects and problems in their cars as normal.

Just ask any Honda or Toyota owners to drive a Mercedes and BMW and they can find unlimited defects and problems. There is no way a Honda or Toyota owner would say a Hyundai car is reliable. Those Hyundai owners probabaly drove some US makes or Nissan before.

Reply to
Tony

I am a honda owner as a matter of fact my last several vehicles have been Hondas. My wife is driving a 2004 Hyundai Sonata and it is a very nice car. She is on her 2nd Hyundai and so far we have not had any problems. Hyundai isn't the same company it was a few years ago. They are putting out some good quality vehicles. That is just my two cents. Let the flames begin

Todd

Reply to
Todd

I know Hyundia used to be a piece of shit, but there quality has improved over the years.

I don't think there resale is going to surpass Honda or Toyota, or Nissan for that matter.

If I were to buy one, I'de have it in mind to drive it into the ground, and not worry about re-sale.

I heard that Hyundia is going to introduce a pickup truck in the near future, it has to be better looking than the Honda Ridgeline.

I like the Hyundia Tucson, haven't seen many on the street tho.

Tom

Reply to
twfsa

no flames here just a statement for whoever....

It seems to me that publishing a report that a 2004 model vehicle is the most reliable vehicle is putting the cart ahead of the horse you might say. Reliability is based upon usage over a period of time. There is not enough of a track record to determine reliability. I wonder if it will be like in the early 80's when Motor Trend published that a Renault (I belive) was car of the year. I bet they would like to forget about that issue.

Also reliability does not equate to high resale value....

Reply to
halo2 guy

I agree to a point. Reliability is normally what we call day-to-day operational status; can it get me to work? But it isn't at all hard to make a car work every day for a year. Longevity is an entirely different issue. Honda has it in the cars built in the 80s and 90s, so we presume it is still in the 2000s. Maybe we're wrong, maybe not.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

I did not see the report. I will believe that Hyundia is now up to the standards of Honda and Toyota after it starts becoming the CAR And DRIVER and MOTOR TREND Car of the year for at least three years out of five. Until that happens, I'll drive a Honda Accord.

Reply to
Jason

Hyundai, not Hyundia.

Reply to
Grommet

The first Honda autos to hit US soil were crap: I think they were first sold in Honda motorcycle dealerships...........now look how things changed.

Reply to
richard48

Todd,

I had a 2002 Sonata as a rental car for 5 days a couple of years ago. My wife and I both thought it was very nice. It had a smooth ride, quiet enough cabin, more than acceptable creature comforts, and seemed to be a tight car to us overall. We would most definitely consider purchasing a Sonata in the future. She has a 2001 Civic LX that is still in great shape, but if we ever decide to replace her car the Sonata will be in my top 5 list of sedans to consider buying.

R.M.

Reply to
R.M.

Is that true.............were they sold at the motorcycle dealerships ?

Reply to
Dana

That is my recollection. The Honda 600 had a 600cc two cylinder engine, but only cost $1300 when the nearest competitor was almost $2000. I was tempted to get one in 1971, when I was saving for my first car.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

no, very real and believable. I am not a fan of Hyundai (not yet anyway) but their entire lineup is built almost completely automated. They just take out the human errors and there it is. I don't like the majority of the "feel" of many individual parts (seats, dashboard, etc.), but they are solid, regardless.

If they can improve on their mileage, then they will have something.

Reply to
Keith J

Actually, I like the looks of several of the Koreans (and for once I am talking about the cars, not the women). I think they already do "have something". With the gas mileage, you get kind of the reverse hybrid argument. The dollars you save buying a Hyundai instead of a Honda will pay for a lot of gas.

Reply to
Randolph

yeah no problems in the first year, big deal. I would even expect a ford to have no problems in the first year. But in 5 years the cars will be complete peices of shit

Reply to
Jamco

Resale on them is a joke.

Reply to
tony kujawa

yeah..they are right in line with the Dodge Neons

Reply to
halo2 guy

Buy it for yourself, not the next owner.

What *are* the resale figures on the 2005's, anyways?

Reply to
Steve Bigelow

have you seen the resale value of a Dodge Neon? Even the SRT?

Reply to
halo2 guy

So they're a great used buy?

Reply to