I have 226,000 miles on my 88 Honda Accord. 26,000 miles on my re-built enngine,

blue smoke is excess oil, not excess fuel. run-on is excess carbon deposits cause by ...wait for it... excess oil.

the fact that you've had the engine rebuilt leads me to believe you're a victim of the usual sloppy re-build practices that prevail in that industry. especially the use of scotchbrite for cleaning - otherwise known as "engine death".

i think your best solution is:

  1. fine a new mechanic that actually knows what they're doing.

  1. get a replacement "j.d.m." engine from a reputable importer. it'll cost you a few hundred, but it'll last you as long as your original engine, if you treat it right. rebuild's rarely last 1/3rd that long. and in your case, 1/100th.

Reply to
jim beam