warranty requirements on 2010 Civic LX

I drive my 2010 Civic LX under 4000 miles each year. My understanding is that the maintenance minder indicator will come on depending on "the remaining engine oil life."

Does anyone know whether 2010 Civic maintenance is solely dependent on mileage in order to comply with warranty requirements? (except for the annual oil change)

Reply to
Ivory123

What does your owner's manual and warranty statement each say?

No one here can speak to warranty. That's a legal item.

What is your real question? Is your real question "when should I change my oil"?

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

You're asking good questions, and here are my answers.

1) I want to be certain I maintain the car acc. to warranty requirements. = I am able to read the manual and the warranty and imagine that the manual c= ontains the basics of fulfilling the warranty. My particular manual doesn'= t mention a requirement of performing maintenance on cars that are driven >= 4000 miles/year except for the one requirement of changing the oil every ye= ar and, I believe, the brake fluid every three years, which maintenance I w= ill perform now that I know it.=20

The warranty is a rather lengthy document, I believe, so I'll try and hit t= he high spots of the warranty. =20

"Yes," I would like to know when I "should change my oil," if the requireme= nt is other than the 1x/year I mentioned previously.

Reply to
Ivory123

When the maintenance minder tells you to.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

don't "imagine" it. READ it. you just paid kilodollars for an expensive machine with a book on how to operate/maintain it included free - if you can't be bothered to read this book for the sake of the vehicle, read it for the sake of your wallet.

so it does mention the requirement for vehicles driven only 4k miles per year then!

don't "believe", READ.

just read the owner's manual. that'll take care of the warranty.

so just ask, don't beat about the freakin' bushes.

Reply to
jim beam

I would guess if you are using synthetic oil about every 5000 miles or 3 or 4 times a year if you do not drive much

Reply to
Rick

great, here's another one.

why would you "guess"? you're connected to the interweb - why wouldn't you bother to do some homework on the operation of this kilodollar toy of yours?

hey dude, when do you replace your brakes or tires? when they're worn out? or when they need it? hint: oil is no different.

Reply to
jim beam

hehehehe

You're mean.