Intermittent air bag indicator light diags on 2003 Honda Accord

Does anyone know if the free car diagnostics that Autozone gives, will that run diagnostics for an intermittent air bag indicator light on a

2003 Honda Accord? Or is that an independent diagnostic?

My sympton is that if I buckle up before I start my car, all is fine but usually (not all the time) if I start the car first before I buckle up, then I get this indicator light that stays on.

While I check around, is there any way thru the car's dash, to read this code? I know my mechanic wants around $90 to run the diagnostic on it.

Reply to
Observer

Check your battery. Weak poor Honda batteries seem to cause this problem when they age. They don't run diags on it. The cars computer does that. That is what is turning on the light. They just read the codes which should point them to the area of failure. You will probably have to go to the dealer to find the SRS code as consumer OBDII scanners do not rear SRS or ABS codes.

Reply to
Woody

There is some sort of extended offer of a free test on my 2003 Honda Civic. The dealer checks and diagnoses the air bag system for free, because of some faulty alarms.

In my case, a few days after my battery went dead, I had an alarm that, according to the free diagnostic, was either a $400 dollar part, or a bad battery.

Check with a Honda dealer to see if you are eligible for the free diagnostics.

Reply to
dold