Oil filler cap broke

I was trying to add oil to my '94 Accord LX and when I finally managed to unscrew the tight filler cap I noticed that the cap was sheared off
the hollow threaded part. It was strange because I was able to unscrew the threads with my bare finger. After cleaning the two halfs I glued them together with Krazy Glue so I could hopefully drive with that glued oil cap to my nearby Honda dealer tomorrow morning for a new cap. It is only about 2 miles from my home.
The only problem is that I am not sure if that fixed cap will last that long, both due to the engine heat during the drive and the pressure pushing against that cap. Has anybody gone through this kind of problem before? I am not even sure what kind of pressure is in that cylinder head cover. If that is the same as the oil pressure in the engine then I don't think that Krazy Glue fix could contain it. The engine heat might be OK though for that short drive because it would be mostly on downhill and level road.
On 12/11/16 10:08 PM, cameo wrote:

You should be OK to make a short drive. Any pressure will be very little, and not the same as the oil pressure from the oil pump in the crankcase. The cap is more to keep dirt out of the filler hole.
As to heat, I would be more concerned that the type of plastic may not hold with Krazy Glue (cyanoacralate).
FWIW, folks have been known to drive for years with the cap missing.
On 12/11/2016 8:32 PM, Retired wrote:

Thanks for your response. May I ask from what automotive background you wrote it?