Re: 2001 Accord EX - Cruise Control has failed

Honda had a lot of trouble in the cable reel in the steering column. It

> shows up a lot in the Ody radio controls. As was mentioned above > someone with knowlege of troubleshooting electrical circuits is needed to > diagnose the problem.

With my head by the pedals, how will I know what wires lead to the steering wheel cruise control controls? I just want to make sure everything is tight and to ensure electrical connectivity.

After that I guess I'll have to hire a pro to troubleshoot the circuits.

Reply to
waynewright

Probably the only two electrical connections that you will find easy to examine are at the brake and clutch pedals, assuming you have a manual tranny. The brake pedal has a switch that operates both the brake lights and cuts off the cruise control. The clutch pedal's lower switch cuts off the cruise control, too. There is actually a fair chance that the problem is simply at one of these two switches. But to check them, we are back to your needing a multimeter.

To help locate the switches, see

You can try to look at the wire connections at the cruise controller, too, item 1 at:

But unless someone has been poking around down there, it's more likely one of the CC switches (brake, clutch, steering wheel, main) failed. I would not expect the actuator (located in the engine compartment) to be very likely to fail.

Reply to
honda.lioness