Re: Lift?

> Actually, I did get new struts and shocks along with some new motor mounts > because of all the times I bottom out. Even with the new stuff, it still > bottoms out. This car has no springs that I can see, unless they are > coil. I can't tell.

This diagram depicts the front lower arm of the '84 Civic

The part labeled #13 is the actualtorsion bar that holds up the car. Eric

Reply to
Eric

Brad Taylor

Torsion bars normally have adjustments to adjust the ride height. Part #33 in the diagram is labeled "nut, adjusting" and looks like it is in the right place to adjust it.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

And if thats not enough (may not be), take the torsion bar out and rotate the lower control arm on spline. Then you have to dort out the rear with a longer spring. Go to a wrecker and look at the rear springs from other cars, starting with later Civics. Pick a spring with a) the same or very similar INSIDE diameter so the spring will fit over your struts, and

b) the same wire gauge and longer free length, or c) bigger wire gauge and about the same free length.

Stick it in a see if this lifts the car suitably.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS