Dear Fellow members,
I recently bought a second hand Honda Accord Ex 1999.
Recently the Check engine light came on. I took it to the Honda dealer
told me that diagnostics check show that
- Error Code 430 Catalytic converter has failed. ( Ie its performance
below the thershold level).
The dealer is asking me around 1050/- dollars for replacing the
I did a search at the car-stuff, And i am seeing the Following Quotes.
1) I am seeing the Following Quotes
a) Eastern Catalytic from 89/- to 168/- dollars
b) DEC from 177 to 282/- dollars
c) Bosal 233/-
I have following questions
1) Which one of these Catalytic Convertor will work for the Honda
Accord EX 1999, 4D 2.3 L
2) Which of these Brands is the best .
3) Why dealer is Quoting me so much( I understand that replacing
catalytic converter is half an Hour labour)
Please advice me. If some one has any other suggestions better
solutions for this problem
Attached is the link for the Catalytic converters