Shims

If I were to use the honda shims, do I need both inner and the outer or both inner without outter, or one inner and one outer depending on the fit of all the parts?

Reply to
bigjcw1023

eh? shims for what? what parts? it's not yet psychic wednesday.

Reply to
jim beam

Parts for the brakes, front end. To stop the squeal at low speed after driving for a while.

Reply to
bigjcw1023

use the parts that come in the box, and assemble per the service manual diagram. with the anti-squeal paste that comes in the box, per the service manual diagram.

your next web surfing should be to helminc.com.

Reply to
jim beam

I used bendix parts, I guess I will get the shims at honda dealer?

Reply to
bigjcw1023

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1189224225.940354.153070 @o80g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

You have to use the shims as specified by the factory in the shop manual.

The fronts often have two inners and one outer, whereas the rears just have one on both sides.

If the aftermarket pads are too thick for all the shims, put what you can on (with the correct grease). If no shims will fit, you'll have to use brake quiet and hope for the best.

Always use OEM parts.

Reply to
Tegger