Squeaking...but not from my brakes!...

I have a 2002 Honda, and upon slow acceleration (and somtimes slow deceleration), I hear a squak/squeal similar to when brakes are going bad. It's intermittent, and only at slow speeds. Any sugestions?? Brakes were just checked and replaced. Otherwise no problems. Thanks.

Reply to
bechard

Just a thought. Being that the brakes were recently worked on, check the dust shields to ensure that they arent rubbing on something. They are very thin metal and bend easily. Very easy to bend into and out of place.

Dave D

Reply to
Dave and Trudy

deceleration), I hear a squak/squeal similar to when brakes are going bad. It's intermittent, and only at slow speeds. Any sugestions?? Brakes were just checked and replaced. Otherwise no problems. Thanks.

You could be a lot more specific about your 'honda'. We can't guess the model or the mileage. If it's a CR-V with over 30,000 miles (50,000 Km) on it, you may just need to drain-n-fill the Dual Pump Fluid in the rear differential (but you probably would have mentioned a grinding / shuddering noise when turning left-hand turns in parking lots) . .

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'