Rear brakes on 1 99 Taurus

My wifes 99 Taurus rear drum brakes seem to lock and squeal when she first leaves. You can hear the brakes squeak just before they lock. It does this enough to leave marks on the concrete at only 5 mph. It does have ABS and it seems to function at regular speeds. The squeal will go away in just a few hundred feet of driving and then I cant duplicate the problem again until the car sits for some time. It will do this if I keep it in the garage or leave it outside. She just bought the car and the front brakes were replaced and the rear ones checked for the state inspection. Anyone else experience this? Thanks

Reply to
Shel

yes have experienced this. Inspection determined that the emergency was seizing. Having never had the habit of using it, when a friend set the emergency it caused the lock up. For me it goes away after a couple hard brakes and 500 ft.